Friday, April 23, 2010

I am not old!

I am in my 30's and proud of it. I am the mother of 2 and who knows if I am done. I still have a couple of child bearing years left in me! And for the record I do not drive a minivan but for all you minivan driving moms out there- rock on! I love your little spacious van!
The company I work for has just gone through a hiring spree and the new hires are all just out of college. All 20 somethings and from the impression I am getting they are looking at us 30 somethings as old and not worthy of them.
OUCH.
I have never truely considered the fact that I am old because frankly... I am NOT.
They have this air about them...they go from one extreme to the next. The women seem to be arrogant and bitchy and the men are like little boys.
I was never like that, even then I wanted my peers to like me. All my peers ....despite their age. And the ones that have been with the company for years I definitly wanted them on my side.
Let me just remind you.... We were there once and honestly it wasn't that long ago! Think of us 30 somethings as slightly older instead of old. Sure we may be married and we may have kids but we are still human and we still like to socialize and bullshit all the same! We are you, only matured and confident. Secure now with the person we are and happy.

So let's cut the shit, drop the attitude and be cool. You not going to be young forever. You will eventually be in our shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment