Thursday, April 22, 2010

I want my Mommy!

I have 2 small children and my husband and I work full time. My job is not so easy to leave if need be. For instance if the day is closed, there would be a waiting list or you would have to get "special consideration" to leave. Then that would be something they would hang over your head and use against you.
Now make note I have been with this company for 12 years. Recently I needed to leave to pick up my sick child from school.
Last time I checked I was the parent and the responsible party.
My husband who normally would leave work for these situations was at a site over an hour away and just couldn't leave.
The day was "closed" and I was given THE speech about leaving early and the fact that this was special consideration. And that is when my superviser hit me with, " You should have a better circle of family/ friends who can take care of your kids while you work". WHAT?
Are you kidding me?
She continued with how I should call my neighbors and
see if they could get my sick child and care for them.
I think not! These are my children and when they are sick they want their mommy......ME! I have a small circle of who I can call when I need them but they are not always available on a whim. And like I said my kids are my responsibility.
I an sorry but my children are my important than answering your phones!


•Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment